- XLR Mic Mute Switch with LEDs – Proof of Concept 2017 September 30
I play music on stage, and that usually means using amplification (PA) systems. The bands I play with (Frost and Fire, The Turning Stile+, and others) typically have a bunch of musicians playing a host of instruments, each with their own microphones. Consequently, we need a lot of mic mute switches. The enemy of sound ...
- How to Test Thermostat/Thermal Fuse in Kitchen Tools 2017 September 14
How to test thermostat and thermal fuse units on kitchen appliances (espresso machine, coffee maker, rice cooker, pressure cooker) with a multimeter.
- Use Up That Zucchini – Googoots / Cucuzza Recipe 2017 August 27
Delicious crispy caramelized zucchini with garlic, basil, mint, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Easily scales up to use all the zucchini in the house, and it’s quick! Googootz!
- Social Media Guide for #crisisdir14: How to Participate 2014 October 21
How to participate in social media for the 2014 NASCOD/CUSA crisis hotline directors’ conference. Official schedule, hashtags, guidelines.
- Using Twitter At Work: Basic Concepts 2014 October 12
Quick-start guide for understanding Twitter, using it for work, and participating in professional networking chats in real time.
- Using Twitter At Work: How to Get Started 2014 October 12
Quick-start guide for setting up Twitter for professional networking and edchats.
- The Protocol For Help 2014 October 08
Five simple questions you should answer before trying to help others.
- Adjust Your Bike Brakes the Easy Way 2014 September 27
Adjusting bike brakes can be easy and fast, and they often work much better afterwards. Here’s how I do it. It’s a great free upgrade!
- Slow Tunes Down with REAPER for Learning By Ear 2014 September 10
Here’s how to slow tunes down for ear training and learning using free software. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’ll open new musical doors for you! Has video.
- Identifying Dandelions in Autumn 2014 September 04
You’ve still got plenty of time to make yourself some dandelion tincture before the snows fly. Here’s how to make sure you pick the right plants.
- Start With The Feelings: A Guide for Helping People 2013 October 24
Good customer service involves helping people to talk about feelings, not just facts, before solving problems. Here’s how and why to do it.
- How to make dandelion tincture (whole herb) 2013 September 24
How to make homemade dandelion tinctures for health and good digestion. Tinctures are easy and fun to make at home!